POWER Up! finds jobs for homeless female veterans and homeless male veterans with families, providing free help with resume development, job search, job matching, job placement and retention, access to benefits, and housing assistance.
Get help from Power Up!
Would you like help from POWER Up?
To qualify, you must be able to answer 'yes' to the following questions:
- Have you served in the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, National Guard, or Reserves?
- Were you honorably discharged?
- Are you having difficulty with finding permanent housing and:
- Reside in a shelter, car, on the beach, a park, street, tent or other unsheltered area? or
- Will imminently lose within 14 days? or
- Moved more than 3 times within the past year due to one of the following: chronic disabilities, chronic physical health conditions, substance abuse, domestic violence, multiple barriers to employment or as a result of caring for a disabled child?
- Are you a woman, or are you a man with children?
If you answered 'yes' to all four questions, POWER Up! can help you find a job or upgrade your current job.
Email Noe Foster at NFoster@theStrategist.tv or call (808) 753-7223. Please include your name, contact telephone number and email address.
Want to Hire Skilled Employees? Employers Needed to Hire Veterans.
Our POWER Up! Veterans have valuable work skills to benefit employers. They are motivated to do an outstanding job for you. Please contact Noe Foster if you any job opportunities. The Federal Government also offers tax incentives for hiring Veterans and Veterans with disabilities.
Contact Noe Foster at (808) 753-7223 or email: NFoster@theStrategist.tv to learn how you can benefit from hiring skilled Veterans for your workforce.
3 ways you can volunteer to help a POWER Up! soldier:
- Be a mentor. Spend 30 minutes each week to help a participant connect with job opportunities or prepare for a job interview. You may choose to call or meet in person.
- Attend a “Women of Power” lunch. Meet participants and share your lessons learned in finding and keeping a job.
- Share your best job hunting tips by sending us a 30 second video of you explaining your best how to advice in securing a new job.
Will you help?
Email Noe Foster at NFoster@theStrategist.tv with your name, contact information and how you can help. Thank you so very much for being a part of the solution to homelessness and for helping a Veteran.
*POWER Up! is a Homeless Veterans Reintegration Project funded by the Department of Labor's Veterans’ Employment and Training Services (VETS). It is a 3 year $300,000 per year federal grant. This VETS grant finances 100 percent of the project costs.